and find my circle of friends. After high school, I tried many different types of exercise programs and eventually settled on running and triathlon. I completed many 5k, 10k, and half marathon races as well as sprint triathlons and a Half Ironman distance triathlon. I started looking for something new that would break the exercise routine I was in. I drove by a CrossFit box everyday on my way to and from work and in January of 2014 I finally stopped to check it out. I loved it from the first day.
We gain many benefits through CrossFit such as mental and physical strength, community, and increased self confidence. Watching an athlete’s self confidence grow as they get stronger and their endurance increases is incredible. My hope is to encourage athletes to realize their potential and enjoy their fitness journey. Surrounding yourself with people who are constantly working towards excellence is important, and CrossFit 737 is a great place to just that! I am married to my wonderful husband Stephen and we have two beautiful daughters, Kelsey and Addie.
• I have the best workout ever when I’m listening to: 80’s rock music
• I’m challenged by: The desire to better myself and be an asset to those around me
• When I’m not working out I’m: spending time with my family and friends.
• You’ll see me smiling when: watching my daughter’s CrossFit Kid’s class. It is awe-inspiring to watch the kids work so hard.
• If I were an animal I’d be a: deer