- CrossFit Level 1
Physical activity has always been the one constant in my life. Growing up, I played basketball and ran track, then eventually found my way into the gym-lifting weights and doing cardio. As an adult, I was a personal trainer and group fitness instructor for about 10 years. In 2014, some friends from church convinced my wonderful husband, Russell, to try out this new, crazy workout called CrossFit. He tried it and loved it! He talked about it constantly for about a year before I finally gave in and tried out a class with him. Needless to say, I was hooked immediately. I loved the challenge of trying something new, I loved the community, and if I’m being really honest, I loved when I beat him in wods!! It was unlike anything I had ever done before, but I had no idea the incredible impact it would make in the lives of our family. In 2015, about a year after starting CrossFit, my coach at the time encouraged me to get my L1, and I have been coaching since then.
CrossFit has become a huge part of our family’s life. Russell and I have 3 kids; Marissa, Allie, and McCoy. They have all practically grown up in a CrossFit gym and started doing kids classes about the same time I started coaching. When covid hit and all the other sports stopped, our oldest daughter, Marissa, started focusing solely on CrossFit training and is now a Games athlete. She competed in the Games in 2022 and 2023 and is incredibly passionate about the sport! Our other daughter, Allie, was also inspired by CrossFit and she now competes in Olympic Weightlifting.
The community is definitely what makes CrossFit special! I love being able to work out alongside and coach people that are trying to get better every day. It’s awesome to be surrounded by a group of people who are willing to push themselves and each other to reach their goals, get stronger, and do things they never imagined they could do!
- I have the best workout ever when I’m listening to Marissa and Allie’s worship playlist
- I’m challenged by: my job as a wife, mom, and coach, and striving to be better every day at those 3 things.
- When I’m not working out, I’m: homeschooling my kids, driving them to their various activities, spending time with Russell, or out on the lake with family and friends.
- You’ll see me smiling when: I’m at the gym-surrounded by my family and cf community!
- If I were an animal, I’d be a dolphin.