- CrossFit Level 1 Coach (expired as of 2023)
- CrossFit Endurance Coach
- AFAA Group Fitness and Personal Training
- Metabolic Effect Hormonal Fat Loss Cert Level 1
- USA Track & Field Level 1 Coach
- Schwinn Spinning Instructor
I was born and raised in Fredericksburg, Texas, the youngest of three older brothers. Growing up I wasn’t as interested in sports as I was in music. I was in choir from age 7-18 and band from 5th-12th grade. It’s always surprising to people that I never really played sports until I walked onto the Cross Country team at Texas State University my sophomore year. I tell people often, I’m not athletic – I just love to workout and work hard. However, CrossFit has made me more athletic than I have ever been in my life. In my early twenties, I competed in duathlons, triathlons, marathons, and numerous road races. I taught group exercise classes and lifted weights but probably nothing over 25-pound dumbbells. After getting multiple stress fractures from running so much and most likely not fueling my body appropriately a friend suggested I try CrossFit. That was in 2009, but I didn’t start until 2010 and haven’t stopped since.
Throughout the different seasons of my 13 years of doing CrossFit, I’ve gone through phases of being competitive and just showing up to get in a workout for the day. No matter the season, I can say without a doubt when I am consistent, don’t “cherry pick” the workouts, show up on the days that have my worst movements in them vs. just going for a run in my neighborhood or riding my bike at home; I. Get. Stronger. I see results, my lifts feel better, my gymnastics is smoother, etc. My one piece of advice is to trust the programming and keep showing up. And smile :)
I have over 20 years in the health and fitness industry as a personal trainer, CrossFit coach, group fitness instructor, Anytime Fitness owner, and nutrition coach. I graduated from Texas State with both a Bachelors in Health and Wellness Promotion and a Masters in Health Education. My internship as an undergrad led me to The Hills Fitness Center in Austin where I met my husband, Rick. Together we opened Anytime Fitness in Fredericksburg (our first baby) the same year we got married. Since then we have owned and operated several other gyms, but drastically scaled that down in 2020. We have two children who are my greatest gift in life.
I am passionate about health and wellness and encouraging others to become active and healthy. My faith, family, and health are the most important things in my life. I am excited and grateful for the opportunity to be part of the 737 coaching team.
- I have the best workout ever when I’m listening to: the Jay-Z/Kanye Spotify station :) or 90’s rap/hip-hop.
- I’m challenged by: trying to lead my family and myself to go against the grain; constantly reminding each other that we are in this world, but not of this world, and that our greatest calling in life is to lead people to Jesus. Some days we get it right; most days we don’t but I’m thankful for the grace to try again the next day.
- When I’m not working out I’m: thinking about working out. Haha. But really, what else do people do for fun? If I’m not in the gym I’m hanging out with my kids (and Rick), baking cookies, soaking up the sun, or scrolling the Instagrams laughing at funny memes.
- You’ll see me smiling when: my friends in the gym crack a joke mid-workout, when I see a member finally get a movement or lift they’ve been working on, or when Beth (the cutest gym goat) comes strolling by.
- If I were an animal I’d be a horse. I admire their stature, beauty, and musculature. They work hard and love to run free; sounds like an amazing life to me!