One of the Bodman’s favorite treats! Recipe by Dr. Josh Axe
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates, soaked
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1 1/2 cups mashed avocado (2-3 avocados)
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Blend or process dates, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add mashed avocado and cacao powder and process until creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula if needed.
- Add the water and process until smooth. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator up to 3 days or in the freezer up to 2 weeks.
- Fudgesicles: Freeze the mousse in ice cube trays. Thaw for 5 minutes before serving.
- Chocolate Sauce or Fondue: Increase water to 1 cup