- CrossFit Level 1
Watching the CrossFit Games in 2016, I was extremely impressed with the level of fitness and athleticism of the competitors. I remember thinking that if CrossFit training can lead to that display of work capacity, power and effort, it must have benefits for everyone who trains in that methodology.
I decided to give it a try and have loved every minute of it! What most excites me about CrossFit is the community atmosphere. Having worked out in “Globo gyms” before, I was used to headphones and isolation, but the encouragement and camaraderie of CrossFit 737 is at a level I would never have imagined. The people you meet at CrossFit 737 very quickly become your friends, which is part of the CrossFit culture that is evident even in the Pro/Elite level competitors.
I have been an athlete most of my life playing football and college soccer, and currently coach soccer at Veritas Academy. I love to see athletes grasp concepts with regard to technique and then succeed through smarter training and efficiency. You will reach levels you never thought you were capable of if you push through your perceived limits.
Outside of the gym, I am a Physician specializing in Anesthesiology. My wife Erica and I have 2 kids: Eli and Simone.
- I have the best workout ever when I’m listening to: Need2Breathe, Decyfer Down, Canon
- I’m challenged by: Gymnastics elements
- When I’m not working out I’m: Spending time with my family, playing/Coaching soccer, Hiking, Mountain biking
- You’ll see me smiling when: I’m at the CrossFit Box
- If I were an animal I’d be an: Dog, preferably a Labrador retriever or Coton de Tulear